Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
OTHER RELATED SITES - MISCELLANEOUS
- The Alternative
Animal Sanctuary: Beds/ Herts borders: http://www.alternativesanctuary.co.uk
A news site
dedicated to the current information at the Alternative Animal Sanctuary,
including new residents at the sanctuary, urgent appeals and competions.
Please take a look. You can also send comments from the site.
- The Animal Chap - Zoo & Animal Solutions: Alsagfer, Stoke-on-Trent: http://theanimalchap.co.uk: An Animal and Zoo consultancy that is in the process of setting up a zoo, exotic rehoming and rescue animal centre in UK. Dealing with rehoming of all exotics, with a particular focus on zoo species, including big cats, hoofstock like antelope and deer, primates, large birds, like ostriches, pelicans, tortoise rehoming, native wildlife and cases of animal welfare. Also gives advice on looking after these species, zoo licencing, animal centre design and building animal acquisition.
- ANIMADVERSION http://www.rspca-animadversion.org.uk This site is dedicated to those who have the temerity to criticise the RSPCA and other related establishment organisations. The title of this site is taken from the Concise Oxford Dictionary: animadversion, noun. Criticism; censure.
- Animal Corner: http://www.animalcorner.co.uk: Animal information site featuring animals from all around the world.
- Animal Health
- Animal Jobs Direct: http://www.animaljobsdirect.com a very useful site solely for the animal care sector and those looking for jobs with animals, including animal charity jobs, volunteer jobs and wildlife jobs and many more, lots of animal care careers advice and information on a range of animal care courses.
- Any UK Vet: http://www.any-uk-vet.co.uk:
nearest Vet in the UK. Every surgery listed down to the smallest branch.
Includes links to practice web sites.
site changes regularly but always has lots of interest. Some interesting
- Bought By Many: National Organisation: https://boughtbymany.com/offers/pet-insurance-for-rescue-dogs/: A group helping owners of rescue dogs use their collective buying power to get a better deal from pet insurance companies. It's free to join and members benefit from discounted insurance for their dogs (currently 20% off with More Than).
- Books on Animal Rights by Printsasia: UK: http://www.printsasia.co.uk/search?q=Animal+Rights
- British Tarantula
The British Tarantula
Society are here to educate and advise anyone either keeping or wishing
to keep Tarantulas (Spiders) This is a superb resource, lots of links
and a beautifully produced site.
- Enviroweb Support
The EnviroLink Network's
EnviroWeb program offers free Internet services to non-profit organizations
within the environmental and animal rights communities.
of shelter animals in need of a home. Site also has a useful vets page
and a good list of addresses of shelters in UK.
- Friends of the Wild: International Organisation: http://www.friendsofthewild.com: Wildlife Nannies DVDs tell the story of these Friends of the Wild - rearing baby animals orphans and at the same time supporting wildlife conservation projects around the world. Friends of the Wild are able to support wildlife protection schemes through documenting wildlife rescue work.
- Global Animal Welfare Solutions: International: http://www.gaws.co.uk A consultancy providing advice and training on shelter operations, animal welfare legislation and cruelty investigations. Providing low cost microchipping in Devon and Cornwall'
- HADLOW COLLEGE:
and Education in the Care and Mangement of animals, including llamas,
wallabies, reptiles, ferrets, birds, horses, dogs and cats. Based in
the beautiful Kent countryside. Transport and Accommodation available.
- K9 Rescue Knitting Club: Nationwide: www.k9knitters.co.uk: K9 Rescue Knitting Club creates unique hand knitted dog coats for your pooch. All proceeds from all sales are donated to dog rescue charities. Donations of wool/buttons gratefully received....and new knitters are always welcome to join the club! (This must be the oddest entry on this web site - Ed.)
- Lancaster Pet Search: North Lancashire and South Cumbria.: http://lancaster-pet-search.blogspot.com/: A group dedicated to helping owners find their lost pets. Operating in and around the Lancaster and Morecambe area.
- Losers Weepers.com: http://www.losersweepers.com For all things lost and found including animals. Basic listing is free but a fee is charged for Premium Service.
- Lost Dogs UK
and photos of lost and stolen dogs in UK and Eire. Includes Lurcher
- lost pets: http://www.lostpets.org.uk A website set up to help owners find their pets and found pets to be reunited with their pets
- Lynns Bespoke Dog Coats: national: http://www.lynnsbespokedogcoats.co.uk: Offering a range of hand knitted dog coats with 100% of profit to small, volunteer led dog charities. I try to recycle materials and packaging so donations always welcome.
- Missing Pets Bureau: National Organisation: http://www.missingpetsbureau.com: If you have lost a dog, your cat has strayed, or you have been a victim of dognapping, Missing Pets Bureau can help. They will register your pet for free, give expert advice, and offer free pet ID tags to protect your pet in future. Call 0800 0198 123.
- PAWING: Birmingham: http://www.pawing.co.uk: Animal welfare support charity which aims to help those who rescue animals by raising funds and promoting their work.
- Paws for Kids www.pawsforkids.org.uk
Temporary re-homing for pets displaced through family breakup, abuse
- PawTrax: UK: http://www.pawtrax.co.uk: Pawtrax - lost and found pet website - using the power of the net to help find your pet
- Pet Health Info: National Organisation: http://www.pethealthinfo.org.uk/: Pet Health Info is a free, non-profit resource for pet health information, ideal for referencing when you rescue any animal.
- UK National Missing
Pets Register: National: http://www.nationalpetregister.org:
UK National Missing Pets Register provides a range of services for pet
- Pet Lovers on
you need to know about animal and pet care in Cumbria and Lancashire
- Pet Microchipping: Sheffield: http://www.petmicrochipping.org
- PetsLove: National: http://www.petslove.co.uk: Reliable pet care and health advice by a practising veterinary surgeon.
dedicated to pet healthcare information. Sections for pet-owners, breeders,
- Rover Recommended: National Organisation: http://www.roverrecommended.com: Dog rescue fundraising site 100% in aid of Border Collie Trust GB
- SafePets UK: National Organisation: http://www.safepets.co.uk: Behaviour help UK wide for pigs, goats, geese, sheep, dogs and cats. Ask for livestock behaviour help before rehoming, slaughtering or selling, clients stories on site.
- Sheila Harper Limited: Staffordshire: http://www.sheilaharper.co.uk: Opening the door to a lifetime of canine understanding.
- Talking to Animals: Worcestershire: http://www.talkingtoanimals.co.uk: I work with animals and their human friends to build a better life together using animal communication and healing therapies.
- Wetnose Appeal
Campaign: Norwich Norfolk: http://www.wetnoseanimalaid.com :
money to help the smaller rescue centres all over the u.k. Need people
who can organise fund raising events or deliver leaflets door to door
all over the country.
- Worldwide Veterinary Service: Dorset based: http://www.WVS.org.uk: Charity committed to improving treatment and welfare of all animal species worldwide. Provide veterinary and non-veterinary assistance, medicines, equipment, advice and training to welfare organisations. Conduct welfare research. Emphasis on sustainable input.