Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
GENERAL DOG RESCUE CENTRES, SHELTERS AND RE-HOMERS
Directory of dog rescue centres and re-homers in the UK. The centres listed on this page are more general centres and not specific to a particular breed. Even if you are looking for a particular breed of dog to adopt it is worth checking these shelters first - they may have just what you are looking for.
(SEE ALSO DOG BREED RESCUERS)
BEWARE OF PUPPY FARMING.
Before buying a puppy from someone you don't know have a look at this
- Alfies Lost Dogs www.alfieslostdogs.com a site that is dedicated to helping lost dogs and dogs in need
- All Dogs Matter: London (rehome throughout the UK): http://www.alldogsmatter.co.uk: We rehome all breeds of dogs to people throughout the UK providing we can get a homecheck.
- Animal Care: lancaster: http://animalcare-lancastercouk.site.securepod.com/: We are a Lancaster based rescue centre that takes in a mix of animals from dogs and cats to wildlife. Animal Care has existed in various forms for over 30 years but as a registered charity since 1978.
- Animal Rescue Ceredigion: Ceredigion: http://www.animalrescueceredigion.co.uk Rescue & rehome dogs all over the UK but always carry out a home check first.
- Animal heaven animal rescue: co.kerry ireland: www.ahar.ie: animal rescue centre in co.kerry ireland we take all animals in trouble and rehome them in ireland and uk
- Animals In Need: Liverpool UK: http://www.freewebs.com/animalsinneedliverpool/ Based in the Melling area of Liverpool - UK. We arrange for all the animals to be vaccinated, neutered and microchipped before they go to their new homes
- Babworth Animal Rescue: Nottingham: http://www.barkonline.co.uk Non profit rescue, find homes for unwanted and abandond animals. We have a non kill policy, all homes are checked.
- Binfield Dog
Rescue: Near Reading, Berkshire: http://binfield.dogrescue.net
Re-homing dogs or
all ages, breeds and sizese. Website includes a current list of dogs
available for rehoming or request the latest list from email@example.com
- Birch Hill Dog Rescue: Neen Sollars: http://www.birchhilldogrescue.org.uk: We rescue dogs from all over the Country including as many Death Row ones as we have room for. We have all breeds, sizes and ages
- Canine99: London: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Canine99-London-Rescue/198670733497331 Facebook page of a London based all breed dog rescue, finding forever homes for unwanted dog's.
- C.A.R.A.(Coordination of Animal Rescue Agencies): National organisation - based Wales: http://www.cararescue.webs.com: Rescues all animals, stray dogs, cats, rabbits, birds. Coordinates with rescues nationwide.
- Care Dog Rescue: Gorleston: http://care-uk.com A non profit dog rescue located in Gorleston, Great Yarmouth and cover Norfolk, Suffolk and northern Cambridge. We do not have kennels but use foster homes to keep the dog's stress levels down to a minimum.
- Chancepixies Animal Rescue: http://www.animalrescueuk.com A registered charity (1129742) based near Dover, Kent dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming and working to prevent unwanted and abandoned dogs.
Dog Rescue Society: Chivery, Nr Tring, Herts: http://www.chilternsdogrescue.org.uk Takes in
and rehomes dogs from surrounding local areas and from Wales. No dog
- Clacton Animal Aid: Little Clacton, Essex:newname: NAWT Clacton http://www.nawt.org.uk/centres/essex-clacton A re-homing centre for cats and dogs looking for caring, loving homes in North East Essex and South East Suffolk.
- Connors Legacy Dog Psychology and Training: National: http://www.connorslegacy.co.uk/Dog_Rescue.html: Connors Legacy is committed to helping dogs and owners to understand each other, we offer links to rescue centres and are currently fostering dogs in need from rescue centres. We also have a link to a local wildlife rescue.
- CORK DOG ACTION WELFARE GROUP: http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Cork DAWG is an organisation founded and run completely by a network of volunteers concerned with the welfare of abandoned, abused and ill-treated dogs in Cork.
- D.A.W.G.S. http://www.dawgs.co.uk
Find loving new homes for unwanted and abandoned dogs throughout the
North East of Scotland.
- Doghelpus: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire: http://www.doghelpus.co.uk: We rescue, rehabilitate and re-home unwanted man made animal misfits due to neglect and abuse.
- Dogsnose.org: UK based but global via the Internet: http://www.dogsnose.org: Internet signup resource bringing volunteer helpers and dog rescues/shelters together everywhere, dog forum and international rescue listings. Individuals and rescues must register - site run by volunteers.
- Dunroamin K9 Rescue: Harworth, Doncaster http://dunroamin-k9rescue.org.uk: Small rescue for dogs - homechecks undertaken.
- RSPCA Durham: Langley Moor Durham: http://www.rspca-durham.org.uk: To adopt a dog or cat from Durham RSPCA please visit Deerness Kennels, Langley Moor, Durham
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home: London; Old Windsor (Berks); & Brands Hatch (Kent): http://www.dogshome.org: The mission of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home is to rescue, reunite, rehabilitate and rehome the lost and abandoned dogs and cats which come into its care.
- Deerness Kennels: Langley Moor, Durham: http://www.strayaction.com Dogs, Dogs Trust, Strays, Adoption, Rescue
- Desperate Greekies: Cambridgeshire: http://www.desperategreekies.com: We are a small group that rescue and rehome dogs from Greece only, we look for forever homes within East Anglia.
- Dogs.co.uk www.dogs.co.uk
site catering for dogs and dog owners. Includes section on Homes Wanted
& Offered and Rescue Centres
- Doghelpus: Bromsgrove: www.doghelpus.co.uk: A and B Dogs and the incorporation of an animal saviour charity.
- Dog Rescue Network NW Wales: Gwynedd: http://www.dogrescuenetwork.org.uk: We are a dog rescue organisation near Caernarfon. We rely on foster carers to house our dogs as they wait for adoption. We help dogs in need find their happy families. We help pound dogs, farm collies and other dogs in impossible situations.
- Dog Rescue Pages http://www.dogpages.org.uk/ Dogpages is the most popular dog rescue site in the UK with up to 37,000 visitors every day. It is entirely non-commercial and aims to encourage more people to consider adopting one of the many thousands of dogs waiting for new homes in rescue centres and shelters throughout the UK and Ireland.
- DOGS TRUST (Used
to be called N.C.D.L.) www.dogstrust.org.uk
- DogwatchUK: Solihull West Midlands: http://dogwatchuk.com: A charity based in Solihull, but working across the West Midlands area, that rescues poundies and takes in unwanted local dogs. We use private kennels and foster homes to keep dogs safe until we find suitable homes
- Doris Banham Sanctuary: National Organisation: http://www.dogsos.co.uk: Rescuing lost and abandoned dogs from being needlessly destroyed in pounds
- Dumfries and
Galloway Canine Rescue Centre: Dumfries, Scotland: http://www.caninerescue.co.uk: Small,
independant, registered Scottish charity for rescue and rehoming of
all types of dog.
- East Galway Animal
Rescue: Co. Galway, West of Ireland: http://www.egar.org:
only Bull Breed Sanctuary.
- Endangered Dogs
Defence and Rescue Ltd: National: http://www.endangereddogs.com:
and oppose the Dangerous Dogs Act. For free help and advice in confidence
concerning the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and other canine legislation.
- Enfield Dog Rescue: http://www.enfielddogrescue.co.uk A solely volunteer run rescue based in Enfield. Rehome dogs throughout London & the Home Counties. Usually always have dogs that are in need of loving homes.
- Epsom Canine Rescue: Surrey: http://www.epsomcaninerescue.piczo.com Formed in 1995 to specialise in unwanted and subsequently neglected dogs within the local vicinity.
- Every Chance Rescue: National Organisation: http://www.everychancerescue.co.uk: Saving dogs from being needlessly destroyed. Rehabilitate and re-home across the UK. All homes are checked.
- Foredowne Kennels: Newton Abbot: http://foredownekennels.co.uk Unclaimed stray dogs always in need of loving homes.
- Four Paws Animal Rescue: South Wales: http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk: A small independent charity who try to help any animal in need -- those that are unwanted or in danger. Primarily, however, we tend to take in and rehome dogs, which is where our expertise is. As far as possible we try to foster dogs in a home environment where they can be assessed and cared for without the stresses of kennels.
- Friends of the Animals RCT: South Wales: http://www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk A small rescue which rehomes animals (mainly dogs) across the UK.
- Gemini Kennels:
Wickford, Essex: http://www.geminikennels.info
Receive dogs notified
by local authorities and police forces in the south Essex area and find
them good homes
- Greenleaf Animal Rescue National Organisation: http://www.greenleafanimalrescue.org.uk rescue and rehome animals in urgent need of rescue, particulary those at risk of being put to sleep and dogs on deathrow.
- Halo Dogs Rescue & Rehabilitation: London: http://www.halodogs.co.uk: We rescue abandoned, abused or otherwise neglected dogs. We meet clinical, psychological and welfare needs, before rehabilitating and rehoming the animal. If a dog is deemed past the point of being safely rehomed, we provide term-of-life care.
- Helping Hands Dog Rescue: Sheffield: http://www.helpinghandsdogrescue.org.uk: Please consider adopting a rescue dog from helping hands dog rescue,
- Hereford and
Worcester animal rescue: http://www.hwanimalrescue.org: Rescue
and rehabilitation of stray, abandoned and unwanted dogs
- Hilbrae Rescue
Kennels: Telford: http://hilbrae.co.uk:
and unwanted dogs alweays looking for homes. Visitors welcome daily.
- Homeless Hounds: Lancashire: http://www.rescuecentral.webs.com: A group of volunteers rehoming,neutering and placing stray dogs nationwide. All the dogs are from the Lancashire area and funding is from the volunteers themselves.
- hope-uk: National: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/hopeuk/:
a puppy farm? Where do the puppies in pet shops come from? Is puppy
farming still rife? The answers to all of these and more can be found
- Hope Rescue: National but mainly South Wales: http://www.hoperescue.org.uk: Mainly dealing with strays on Death Row in South Wales pounds, Hope Rescue co-ordinates rescue placements for dogs in emergency situations throughout the U.K. Also take in dogs for rehoming via a network of foster homes.
- Hyndburn Stray Dogs In Need: Hyndburn, Lancashire: http://www.hyndburnstraydogsinneed.co.uk: A registered charity dedicated to giving stray dogs a second chance.
- Impawtant Pups Puppy Rescue: Derbyshire (but will rescue nationally): http://www.facebook.com/impawtantpups: We are a puppy rescue centre based in the East Midlands that rescue puppies from all over the UK. We are able to rescue from 1 day old up to 12 weeks old and we rescue & rehome pups from dog pounds, neglect cases and voluntary surrenders.
- Inistioge Puppy
Rescue: Inistioge, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland: http://inistiogepuppyrescue.com:
shelter in Kilkenny, Ireland. Website includes dogs for adoption and
irish animal welfare info
- Islay Dog Rescue: Cumnock, Ayrshire: http://islaydogrescue.org.uk: Mainly based in Ayrshire, Scotland but we will rehome all over the UK subject to a satisfactory home check.
- Jerry Green Dog Rescue http://www.jerrygreendogs.org.uk Has seven UK centres from Thirsk in the north to Ipswich in the south, and in 2008 found adoptive homes for 1,673 otherwise unwanted dogs.
- Just for Dogs: Derbyshire: http://www.justfordogs.org: A dog rescue centre with a strict non-destruct policy. All dogs are neutered, vaccinated, wormed, vet checked & identichipped before being re-homed. The majority of dogs at JFD are unclaimed strays collected from local police stations.
- K9focus: North Devon: http://www.k9focus.co.uk: German Shepherd & Large Breed Rescue - rescuing abandoned and unwanted dogs throughout Devon & Cornwall and South West England.
- Kennel Club www.the-kennel-club.org.uk
of the club registrations etc. Not a rescue site
- KWK9 Rescue: Caithness, Sutherland and Orkney: http://kwk9.org. Aim is to give strays in the KW postcode area a second chance once their 7 days are up. Dont have a centre and rely on fosterers and volunteers.
- Leicestershire and Rutland Stray dog sanctuary: Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire: http://www.frisbydogsanctuary.co.uk: Homeless, abandoned, and stray dogs at the Leicestershire and Rutland stray dog sanctuary at Frisby on the wreake.
- Lost Dogs UK http://www.lostdogsuk.com Lists
and photos of lost and stolen dogs in UK and Eire. Includes Lurcher
- MADSODS: Mackworth Derby Derbyshire: http://www.madsods.com: dog rescue derby, Dogs waiting to be rehomed with the owners of their dreams.
- Man's Best Friend
Rescue and Training Association (Lincoln) www.mansbestfriend.co.uk
dog training classes, individual and residential, dog rescue services,
- Manchester Dogs'
Rehoming centre for
lost and abandoned dogs
- MANY TEARS ANIMAL
RESCUE: LLANELLI, SOUTH WALES: http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue:
for many lovely dogs
- Moor-view Rescue: Harrogate: http://moor-view.co.uk/rescue: We are self funding rescue who rescue dogs from the pounds who would otherwise be put to sleep. We help mostly Bull Mastiffs and GSD dogs but do not turn any breed away.
- N.C.D.L. (NOW
CALLED DOGS TRUST) www.dogstrust.org.uk
only rehome older dogs, are keen to also help to promote all dogs in
- Overlooked Rescue Dogs: http://www.rescue-dogs.co.uk: Directory of overlooked rescue dogs available for rehoming and adoption the UK.
- Northern Ireland Rehoming Centre for Dogs : http://www.lostdogsni.com
- Once Loved Dog Rescue: Devon: http://www.oncelovedrescue.org.uk: Once Loved Dog Rescue was set up to help provide care, shelter and permanent homes for unwanted and abandoned dogs. We are run entirely voluntarily. The areas we cover are primarily East Devon and West Somerset, as the rescue is based near Exeter, Devon. We will, however, consider rehoming to other areas.
- The Pet Chip
Company Ltd: National: http://www.pet-detect.com
such as breeders, groomers and Rescues to microchip dogs and cats. No
rescue too small.
- Pet rescue welfare association: denbighshire: http://www.pet-rescuecharity.co.uk: x Breeds & Pedigree dogs. All dogs are chipped, neutered, vaccinated, 6 month free insurance. home check required before adoption. Based in North Wales. Charity reg 1116170
- Pet Welfare: Stafford: http://www.petwelfare.co.uk Pet Welfare is a non-profit making organisation based in Staffordshire, which rescues and re-homes unwanted animals. In our care we have dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, hamsters and chinchillas
- Plantation Dog
Rescue: York: http://www.plantationboardingkennels.com
handover dogs from different areas, with different backgrounds all needing
homes. All dogs are nuetered, vaccinated, flead, wormed and microchipped
before being rehomed. Most are on the website, please look.
- Poplar Farm Kennels:
Cambridgeshire. England: http://www.poplarfarmkennels.org.uk/
and rehoming for dogs that would otherwise be destroyed.
- Porthcawl Animal Welfare Society www.pawsporthcawl.com. A charity based in S. Wales who specialise in rehoming dogs who have either been abused or whose current owners are incapable of caring for them due to infirmity or relocation.
- Pound Puppy Rescue:
Poole, Dorset http://poundpuppy.org
Rescues puppies and adult dogs, and keeps them in foster homes in the
Poole, Dorset area until they find them new homes.
- Pupsneedinghomes Dog Rescue: Newick, East Sussex: http://www.pupsneedinghomes.co.uk: Rescuing abandoned Irish dogs. Fostered in homes until suitable forever homes are found. Neuter policy. Homecheck applies.
- Puppy Love: http://www.dogs-r-us.org/: Trying to raise public awareness of Puppy Farms.
- R.E.D.S Rescue: SURREY: http://www.redsrescue.moonfruit.com/: R.E.D.S Rescue is a non-profit rescue dedicated in finding homes for abandoned dogs,we rehome all over the country, we have many dogs for adoption, a donation and homecheck is needed.
- Rescue Remedies: London and surrounding counties: http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk: A small home based rescue whereby our dogs are fostered in a home environment throughout London, Surrey, Hertfordshire and Hampshire where they are assessed and prepared for finding their forever, loving homes
- Rochdale Dog Rescue: Burnley but has national network: http://www.rochdale-dog-rescue.com: A dog rescue network that liaises with dog rescue centres across the UK to find placements for dogs in a northern pound who are unclaimed and due to be put to sleep after 7 days.
- Romanian Rescue Appeal: National Organisation: http://www.romanianrescueappeal.com: UK based charity (no 1161037) who rescue dogs from public shelters in Romania. We have a number of UK based dogs and also several hundred dogs being cared for at our Freedom Farm in Romania. When being adopted, we arrange for dogs to be transported to the UK having been fully checked and prepped (with necessary spaying/neutering/vaccinations etc) - where they meet their lovely new adopters!
- Rotherham Dog Rescue: Rotherham,South Yorkshire: http://www.rotherham-dog-rescue.co.uk: Dog rescue Rotherham South Yorks
Rescue: Rotherham, South Yorkshire: http://www.rainrescue.co.uk Mixed
breeds, only a small rescue but take out of pounds, try to build them
up to health and find the right home for each
- Roxies Rescue: Leicestershire: http://www.roxiesrescue.org: Animal rescue for dogs at cats looking for foster carers or for forever homes. Strays, abused, abandoned. All breeds of dogs. Cats and Kittens
- Royston Animal Welfare: Royston, Barnsley, Sth Yorks: http://www.roystonanimalwelfare.org/rescue: Royston Animal Welfare was established in 1997 and is run soley by volunteers. We care for dogs, cats and smaller animals such as rabbits and guinea pigs.
- Ruff Luck Rescue: Birmingham: http://www.ruffluckrescue.org.uk
- Rushton Dog Rescue: Dorset and Somerset: http://www.rushtondogrescue.co.uk A registered charity whose aim is to rescue and rehome any breed of dog in the Dorset and Somerset areas.
- Ryedale Dog Rescue:
Ryedale / North Yorkshire: http://www.ryedaledogrescue.org.uk fundraising group,
helping to support the care and welfare of unwanted dogs in the Ryedale
area. Affiliated to Whitby & Scarborough & District Dog Rescue
- SAVE OUR STRAYS: MARSKE - CLEVELAND: http://saveourstrays.org.uk: Small animal charity (No.1119493) dedicated to rescuing and re-homing Dogs from the pound.
- Save The Strays: UK (nationwide): http://savethestrays.co.uk Aims to raise awareness of dog overbreeding and stray dog euthanisation in the UK, and encourage more people to volunteer and donate to animal rescue organisations, together with highlighting other animal welfare issues where possible.
- Sava's Safe Haven: Romania: www.savasafehaven.com: Sava's Safe Haven not-for-profit Animal Welfare association was founded by Oana Sava since 2012, to end the suffering of dozens of animals from streets. On 05th November 2012 , thanks the friends and animal lovers from everywhere, we was able to to put basis of a refuge.
- S.C.A.M.P.S.: hampshire: http://www.scamps4straydogs.org works with Local Authorities in Hampshire to rehome stray dogs - trying to build a regional stray centre.
- Seaford Dog Rescue: Seaford, East SUussex: http://www.seaforddogrescue.co.uk: dog rescue and rehoming
- Second Chance Dog Rescue: North Somerset: http://secondchancedog.wordpress.com/: A small devoted charity finding new homes for unwanted dogs near Weston super Mare
- Sheffield Dog Rescue: http://www.sheffield-dog-rescue.org.uk Run by a small army of volunteers with one aim, to help dogs in need. Many of our dogs come to us via North East Derbyshire Dog Wardens and we also receive numerous calls from members of the public asking for help to rehome their pet dogs.
- Shelter Helper http://shelter-helper.co.uk We aim to provide added publicity for dogs who have been waiting for a long time for their new homes. We also aim to list all UK dog rescues.
- South Coast Rescue
- Dogs Only: Hayling Island, Hampshire:
dogs from home to home. No animals kept on premises
- S.O.S dog rescue: surrey/suffolk: http://sosdogrescue.co.uk: to rescue and rehome unwanted and abandoned dogs accross the uk,any breed.
- St Francis Home
for Animals: Cornwall: http://www.stfrancisfourcanines.co.uk/:
rehabilitation and rehoming charitable trust registered charity
- Stokenchurch Dog Rescue: Stokenchurch, Buckinghamshire: http://www.stokenchurchdogrescue.co.uk: Registered charity taking in and caring for over 300 stray and abandoned dogs per year. Strictly no-kill policy. Self supporting and totally independant,rely entirely on donations and legacies. Dogs for adoption and how you can help.
- Stray Aid: Durham: http://www.strayaid.co.uk: Dedicated to the welfare of stray dogs in North East England. Provides kennels for rescue dogs (They also had cats on there when I looked - ED)
- Sussex Pet Rescue: http://www.sussexpetrescue.org.uk/: Rescue & rehoming of dogs via a network of foster homes in the Sussex, South Surrey & West Kent areas.
- Walkies Dogs: Aberdare Wales: http://walkiesdogs.co.uk: walkies is a family run business dedicated to making dogs lives better. All re homers are kept and treated as part of our family I'm a dog behaviourist so problem dogs more than welcome any age any breed any size.
Action Group (WAG): Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire, Scotland: http://www.wag-ayrshire.org.uk Set up to to
prevent the inhumane practice of Puppy Farming.
- Wellingborough Dog Welfare: http://www.wellidog.co.uk: We aim to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome stray and unwanted dogs in Wellingborough and the surrounding area. We have a behaviourist to assess the dog, plenty of wonderful volunteers and heaps of goodwill!
- West Yorkshire Dog Rescue: West Yorkshire: http://westyorkshiredogrescue.co.uk: Dedicated to rescue and rehome of unwanted dogs. Homecheck, Adoption Contract, Returns Policy, Donation Required.
- Willow Dog Rescue: Rotherham, South Yorkshire: http://www.willowdogrescue.co.uk: Rescue and rehome dogs from the pound that are due to be put to sleep but deserve a second chance.
- Wolfwood: North Lancashire www.wolfwood.co.uk Devoted to the rescue and rehoming of the least wanted dogs from the area and are expanding with Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation. Rescue orphaned, injured and displaced wildlife. A very small, but dedicated and friendly rescue.