Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
RABBITS - GUINEA PIGS - HAMSTERS - RATS
Rodent Shelter: Bayford: http://www.petplus.1colony.com:
- Agatha's Annex: Harpenden, Herts.: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/keith.oddie/Index.htm: Gives and finds homes for guinea pigs and rabbits when space allows. Support and advice is given to owners as needed.
- ANIMAL RESCUE
AND CARE: Richmond upon Thames: http://www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk
and re-home rabbits, guinea pigs, cats and occasionally dogs. A voluntary,
- Animal lifeline:
Sutton Surrey: http://www.animal-lifeline.co.uk
unwanted rabbits,guineapigs and other small animals, and finding loveling
homes for them
- April Lodge Guinea Pig Rescue: Sandwich, Kent.: http://www.aprillodge.co.uk: Guinea pig or cavey rescue centre in Sandwich nr Dover, Kent.
- Auntyanimal Small Animal Fostering & Rescue: Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire: http://www.auntyanimal.me.uk: CHIPMUNKS/ CHINCHILLAS/ DEGUS/ GERBILS/ GUINEA PIGS/ RABBITS/ ETC. We are a small, non-profit making, self funded rescue based in Hertfordshire whose objective is to rescue/rehome or provide ongoing care for animals unable to be rehomed for various reasons.
- Bibble's Bunny Sanctuary: Cambridgeshire: https://sites.google.com/site/bibblesbunnysanctuary/: A small sanctuary in Cambridgeshire. Rescue and rehome rabbits.
- Blackberry Patch guinea pig & Rabbit Rescue: Chelmsford Essex: http://www.blackberrypatch.plus.com A small Guinea pig and Rabbit rescue in Essex, dedicated to the welfare, rescue and re-homing of Guinea Pigs and Rabbits
- Bobtails Rabbit
& Guinea Pig Rescue: Surrey: http://www.bobtailsrescue.org.uk:
and guinea pig rescue and re-homing centre based in surrey. A registered
charity caring for unwanted or abandoned pets.
- Bobz's Bunny
Barn : Nr Skipton: http://www.whitakerhome.force9.co.uk:
Bobz's Bunny Barn is a Rabbit Rescue based in the Yorkshire Dales which
also provides a holiday boarding service!
- bracknell rabbit
rescue: bracknell berkshire: http://bracknellrabbitrescue.50megs.com:
rescue and rehoming centre for rabbits. totally self funded.
- Bramleycavies Guinea Pig rescue: Leeds: http://bramleycaviesrescue.webs.com: Dedicated to rescuing guinea pigs which are illtreated and unwanted. Leeds, West yorkshire.
- Bristol's Rabbit rescue: http://www.bristolrabbitrescue.webs.com: rescuing and rehoming rabbits in and around the bristol area and across the UK. Will also help other small animals
House Rabbit Ass www.houserabbit.co.ukThe
British Houserabbit Association is Britain's leading association for
rabbit lovers. Our slogan - "because rabbits deserve better" sums up
what we stand for.
- Bunny Camp Sanctuary:
Bradford, West Yorkshire: http://www.thebunnycampsanctuary.co.uk:
in Heaton, Bradford. Also runs a sponsership scheme for people who cannot
own a rabbit.
- Bunnies Barn: Hanham, Bristol: http://www.bunniesbarn.co.uk: Rescue Centre and Boarding Service for rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters and all other small pets
- Bunny Warren: Suffolk/ Norfolk: http://bunnywarren.webs.com: RSPCA rabbits available for adoption
- Bunny love: reading: http://wwwbunnylove.bravehost.com:
this site give you info on how to care for your bunnie in the right
way loads to do and see take a look
- Burrowed Hearts Animal Rescue: Thorneywood, Nottingham http://www.burrowedheartsrescue.com/: We are a home based small animal rescue in Thorneywood, Nottingham. We are non-profit and operate on vegan ethics. We take in small animals and find them loving homes, including guinea pigs, rats, hamsters, chinchillas, gerbils, ferrets & occasional rabbits. We always spay/neuter & vaccinate rabbits, and spay/neuter ferrets.
- Camp Nibble: Leeds, West Yorkshire: http://www.campnibble.com: Small animal rescue and rehoming charity in Leeds West Yorkshire. Animals rehomed include rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils etc (Please do not contact us regarding dogs & cats as I'm afraid that we are unable to help)
Arbroath: http://www.bunnyhugger.co.uk: rabbit
rescue, assistance with rehoming, education, advice, based in Arbroath,
- Cavyrescue: Rochester,Kent: http://www.cavyrescue.co.uk Informative
guides, useful links, plus regular e-newsletters make it an invaluable
resource for all small animal lovers
- Chins4life: bradford/leeds/cumbria: http://chins4life.co.uk rescue chinchillas from all over uk
- Cottam rescue shelter: Preston: http://www.cottamrescue.webs.com/: Cottam rescue is a small rescue based in preston that is totally self funded.
- Crawley Guinea Pig Rescue: West Sussex: http://www.crawleyguineapigrescue.org: Small self funded rescue in Crawley dedicated to taking in guinea pigs and finding forever homes for them, will also foster and keep any piggies with special needs.
- Cuddly critters small animal and cat rescue: South Ockendon Essex: http://cuddlycrittersrehoming.webs.com/: A non profit organisation that rescues rabbits, ferrets, rodents and cats
- Daisies Sanctuary: kent: http://www.freewebs.co.uk/daisiessanctuary: lots of different rabbits, all ages needing love. also rabbit behaviourist. all rabbits taken must be free to good home or emergencies. accomodation preferred. Daisies Sanctuary has now expanded to accomodate most small animals, we now offer services with all small mammals in grooming, boarding, rescue, rehoming and behaviour consultancies. We are able to give rabbit advice..
- Ebony-Eyes Rabbit
Retirement Home: North Wales: http://www.ebonyeyes.co.uk:
dedicated to Ebony-Eyes Rabbit Retirement Home(suprise! suprise!)- They
take in elderly, disabled and special needs rabbits.
- Essex Guinea Pig, Rat and Rabbit Rescue: http://egprr.org.uk:
A registered charity helping sick and elderly guinea pigs, fancy rats and rabbits rehabilitate and then re-home to loving people. Also take in and re-home those that cannot remain in their current environment.
- Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care: Lenzie, Glasgow: http://www.fairlybelovedrabbitcare.org: Rabbit rehoming, rescue, fostering and care advice.
- Fat Fluffs Rabbit Rescue: Solihull, Birmingham: http://www.fatfluffs.com Give unwanted rabbits a safe place to recouperate before finding them loving homes or if need be permanent sanctuary.
- Findafurry: http://www.findafurry.co.uk: A free website for all small furries needing new homes. Underpinned by an ethical code, Findafurry works with individuals, breeders and rescues who need homes for rats, mice, hamsters, ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs and more.
Gillingham, Kent: http://www.french-lops.co.uk:
rabbits, german lop, rex, mini lop, dwarf lop, buck, doe
- GBH Rescue: Kent/SE London: http://GBHRescue.co.uk: Guinea Pig, Bunny and Hamster Rescue and Rehoming (also take in other small furries)
- Glen Urquhart Rescue Centre: Bearnock - near Drumnadrochit Highlands: http://www.pet-tacular.co.uk: Small animal rehoming centre for rabbits, rodents, poultry and ferrets.
- Glynneath Guinea Pig Rescue: South Wales: http://guinearescue.blogspot.com: Guinea pig rescue and rehoming
- Green Fields
Rescue for Rabbits & Guinea pigs: Bracknell, Berkshire: http://www.greenfieldsrescue.co.uk A
rabbit & guinea pig rescue with three aims: Rescue, Rehabilitate,
Rehome. Also provide holiday boarding, help and advice for small animal
- Greenleaf Animal Rescue: National Organisation: http://www.greenleafanimalrescue.org.uk: Animal Rescue
- Greenwich Rabbit Rescue: South East London: http://www.freewebs.com/bunnyrescue/index.htm: London based rabbit and g/pig rescue.Completly non profit making.All male rabbits are castrated so they can be paired for rehoming if you wish.
- Guineas for Life: St Helens Meseyside: http://www.guineasforlife.bravehost.com: Guinea pig rescue centre serving north west england for rescue and rehoming
- The Guinea Garden: Wiltshire: http://www.theguineagardenrescue.webs.com/: Taking in unwanted and unloved guinea pigs, and giving them a good life with us for the rest of their days
- Guinea Pigs Club: Malta: http://www.guineapigsclub.com: This Cavy site can be a good reference for people who like animals and want to know more about Guinea Pigs or are searching to see if a Guinea Pig is the right pet for them.
- Hackenthorpe Guinea Pigs Sanctuary: Sheffield: http://www.peteandpets.com Provide sanctuary and rehoming services for guinea pigs in and around Sheffield area, in a natural, spacious, colony style environment. Not-for-profit, independent and voluntary community service.
- Hamster Haven (Rescue): Cheshire : http://hamsterhavenhamsterrescue.weebly.com
comments: Home based, self funded hamster rescue based in Cheshire. Rescues & rehome hamsters to carefully examined homes with PDSA standard cages.
- Hamsters www.hamsters.co.uk/
definitive hamster site
- Happy Hoppers Rabbit Rescue: Sheffield: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1751932&postcount=5: A private rescue taking in and rehomeing unwanted pet rabbits in the South Yorkshire area.
- Home Sweet Home Hamster Rescue: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire: http://www.homesweethomehamsterrescue.co.uk A small home based hamster rescue in Herts, just outside NW London.We offer any type of hamster a loving, caring home.
- Hopper Haven and Littlefoot Sanctuary: Redditch, Worcestershire: http://hopperhaven.org.uk A private rescue/sanctuary that takes in rabbits and guinea pigs and provides them with the care they need, but which they may not have received prior to their arrival. Healthy, friendly animals are found suitable new homes while any that have special needs have a home here for life.
- Hunny Bunny Rabbit Sanctuary: Derbyshire: http://www.freewebs.co.uk/hbrabbitsanctuary: A small loving sanctuary to take in and find loving new homes for your unwanted rabbit.
- Isle Of Wight Rabbit Rescue And Rehoming: Newport, Isle of Wight: http://www.isleofwightrabbitrescueandrehoming.webs.com: The islands only rabbit rescue and rehoming. Take in unwanted rabbits and find them loving new homes around the island.
- Kirkby pet welfare:
Kirkby in ashfield, nottinghamshire http://www.freewebs.com/kirkbypetwelfare/ A small animal shelter who can help with the rescuing and re-homing of rabbits, hamsters and other small rodents.
- Lincoln Rat Rescue: http://www.freewebs.com/lincolnratrescue A no-kill shelter that rescues and rehomes rats.
- Little Brambles Guinea Pig Rescue: Devon: www.littlebramblesguineapigrescue.co.uk Rescuing and rehoming these delightful little characters throughout Devon and Cornwall area.
- Little Angels Rabbit Rescue: Essex: http://www.littleangelsrabbitrescue.com Animals taken in on a fostering basis by caring homes in Essex. All foster homes homechecked and in constant corespondence with the team.
- LUMPY LODGE Small Animal Shelter and Boarding: Portslade-by-Sea, East Sussex: http://www.lumpylodge.co.uk: A shelter for guinea pigs or rabbits in desperate need of a new home. Operates an Animal Sanctuary.
- Merrypigs Guinea Pig Sanctuary: Staffordshire: http://gernerpergs.wix.com/merrypigs: Small Guinea Pig Sanctuary in Staffordshire offering rescue, rehab, rehoming and advice.
- Notts Nibblers Rodent Rescue: Nottingham : http://www.nottsnibblersrescue.co.uk: Based in Forest Fields, Nottingham, we take in, care for and find loving homes for rodents in need.We often have mice, rats, hamsters, gerbils and degus looking for their perfect homes. Feel free to contact us if you are interested in adopting a rodent.
- Norfolk Guinea
Pig Rescue: Near Norwich, Norfolk: http://guineapigrescue.freeservers.com:
Guinea Pig rescue in Norfolk. Also take degus, rats, mice. Entirely
- North Shields Guinea Pig Rescue and Rehome: North Shields, Tyne and Wear: http://www.northeastguineapigrescue.co.uk Self-funded rescue that takes in abandoned and neglected guinea pigs across the North East and finds them them a new life in a safe loving home for life. All guinea pigs are rehomed in pairs, or to live with other guinea pigs.
- Odies warren for rabbits: sudbury, suffolk: http://www.odieswarrenforrabbits.co.uk
A rescue centre that takes in rabbits, to board, re-home, information and sponsar a rabbit. We also have some that live here all the time.
- Palace Piggie Rescue: Crawley, West Sussex: http://palacepiggierescue.org: Small Guinea Rescue in Crawley whose aim is to re-home healthy guinea pigs into loving forever homes.
- Paws Here: Edinburgh: http://www.pawshereedinburgh.co.uk/: Edinburgh based small animal shelter.
- Pawz for thought: Tyne and Wear: http://www.pawzforthought.org A small but very active rescue charity. We have a number of rabbits and rodents always looking for homes, as well as cats and dogs.
- Piggin Rescue: Milton Kenynes: www.freewebs.com/pigginrescue: Rescue and re-homing for unwanted rodents, guinea pigs, rabbits and birds in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas
- Pipkin Rabbit Rescue: Sunderland: http://www.whiskers.eclipse.co.uk: A small rescue specialising in rabbits but are sometimes able to take other small furries such as hamsters, rats, guinea pigs..
- Rabbit and Guineapig
and small rodent rescue: manchester uk: http://www.tamesiderabbitandguineapigrescue.info/:
Take in and
rehome rabbits, guinea pigs chinchillas hamsters and occassionally degus,chipmunks
and will find them a new home from the centre,
- Rabbit &
Guinea Pig Welfare: Rugby, Warwickshire: http://www.rngp.org: Rescue
and Rehoming of Rabbits and Guinea Pigs. Only independant Rescue Centre
- Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk Works to improve the lives of domestic rabbits across the UK through education and communication, by making people realise that rabbits are intelligent creatures that need space, exercise, companionship and stimulation and are not to be bought on a whim.
- ( r.a.g.s ) rabbits
sanctuary: coventry/warwickshire: http://www.freewebs.com/rags-rabbits
or abandoned rabbits/guineas.The only sanctuary in Coventry and is family
run.No destroy policy
- Ralston Rats: West of Scotland: http://www.ralstonrats.co.uk A non-profit rat stud, but also take in and rehome rescue rats. Unfortunately we are nearly always looking for homes for unwanted / unplanned rats. See website for latest news
- Ratty Rescue U.K: Cornwall: http://www.freewebs.com/rattyrescue/ a Rat rescue Based in Cornwall
- Rescue Range: Newport Gwent: http://www.freewebs.com/rescuerange: small establishment offers help with re-homing guinea pigs and rabbits
- Rhydowen Rodent Refuge: Rhydowen, Ceredigion, West Wales: http://www.rhydowenrodentrefuge.webs.com/: Small home based rescue in Rhydowen, Ceredigon, West Wales taking in and rehoming small rodents such as rats, mice, hamsters, gerbils & degus with limited space for rabbits & guinea pigs.
- Rosah Guinea Pig Rescue: Lincolnshire: http://www.rosahrescue.co.uk A guinea pig rescue in Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire. ONLY take guinea pigs, not rabbits due to allergy.
- Rspca Medway
West Small Animal Centre: Chatham, Kent: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?ContID=624:
Medway West have lots of Rabbits,Guinea Pigs, Hamsters, Gerbils, Mice,
Rats, Birds and many other small animals looking for new homes.
- Sarandies Small Animal Rescue: Ashford Kent: http://www.freewebs.com/sassysarahh
comments: Family run small animal rescue
- Shadowrat Rat Sanctuary: Norfolk: http://www.shadowrat.com: Providing a loving, permanent home for all unwanted/abandoned rats. Any age/temperament.
- Shortwood Small Animal Rescue & Boarding: South Gloucestershire: http://www.shortwoodsmallanimalrescue.webs.com: Small self funded rescue for all small animals. Also offer small animal boarding which proceeds help fund the rescue
- Small animal
rescue centre: newport gwent: http://rescuerange.bravehost.com/ANIMALS.html:
for seven years in newport gwent. the taking in and rehoming of rabbits,
guinea pigs, ferrets, chinchillas, and all small animals. because we
- Small Furry Haven: Haywards heath: http://www.catladyofsussex.uk/small-furry-haven.html: Small Furry Rescue, in Haywards Heath mid Sussex rescuing small furry pets from bad situations also offer fostering for people going through bad situations and needing their furry pets in a safe haven
- Snuggles Rabbit Rescue: Bristol: http://boardingbunniesathome.co.uk: Mainly a boarding service but also a small rescue service with rabbits and guineapigs for rehoming
- South West Wales Guinea Pig Rescue: Pembrokeshire: http://www.freewebs.com/swwguineapigrescue: Guinea Pig Rehoming Service for Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. Life-time support, all homes checked.
- Starlight Trust Animal Rescue:Surrey: http://www.starlighttrust.org.uk: Rats, hamsters, mice and other small furries always looking for good homes. Animals can travel for the right home.
- Sue's Rabbit
Rescue: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire: http://micksue.users.btopenworld.com
D esperately looking for homes so we can make space for other needy
rabbits, please help.
- Small Pet Rescue: Hinckley, Leicester: http://www.smallpetrescue.co.uk: New loving homes required for abandoned and unwanted rabbits and guineapigs
- Swansea Small
Animal Rescue: Swansea, South Wales: http://www.freewebs.com/swansearescue:
works to resocialize and re-home at-risk small animals
- Tameside Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue: Greater Manchester: http://www.tamesiderabbitandguineapigrescue.info/ A rescue centre for small animals, specialising in rabbits and guinea pigs, and caring for them until they can be re-homed. Occasionally take in chinchillas, hamsters and gerbils
- thistle cavies:
Perth, Scotland: http://www.thistlecaviesrescue.com:
rescue and rehoming in scotland
- Thornberry Animal
Sanctuary: South Yorkshire www.thornberry-animal-sanctuary.org Rescue,
care for and rehome dogs, cats, rabbits, horses etc. Non-destruction
policy. Regularly updating the site with pictures of animals for rehoming
- Wheek & Squeak Guinea Pig Rescue: Southampton, Hampshire . http://www.freewebs.com/cavylover1 Takes in guinea pigs and rehomes them, also runs a sanctuary for elderly and sick guinea pigs.
- Wirral Small Animal Rescue (WSAR): North West England: http://www.freewebs.com/wsar/index.htm: Small animal rescue, chinchillas, sugar gliders, hamsters, rats, mice etc.
- Wolfmagic Rattery: Lowestoft: www.freewebs.com/wolfmagicrattery Breed rats but also rescue rats for people who can't cope or have too many. Here to help people and their rats
- Yate Small Animal Foster and Re-home: Yate, Bristol: http://www.yatesmallanimalfosterandrehome.webs.com Take in small animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils and birds if you are no longer able to care for them.